how do you get over the past?

I live in the past and the future and it's really ruining our relationship. I need to get over the past. I have a great DH and I know I am lucky to have him but I can't get over the fact that some lies were told about his past when we were dating (he had another wife/child) it wasn't really a marriage and he's never seen or met the child. I don't know why...but I just can't get over it. I need to live in the present and stop bringing up his past. Is there something your dh lied about either before or after you were married? How did you stop it from bothering you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• First off he is a man therefore he lies, my husband lies, he has lied he gets caught I raise hell we move on. Best advise I can give you is look forward to tommorrow because yesterday is already gone, he can't take it back and it won't change unless you get your mindset right. Some men drink,gamble,cheat,beat you know all this we all have flaws the other must look over, let his past be his PAST and let you and him be your FUTURE. Forgive and forget for real if you want this to work out.Maybe you are afraid of his reaction IF the child were to show up , but if he had liked that situation then you would not have him now and she may have not been honest with him about paternity or even being pregnant people stranger things have happened. When you feel like bringing up past think first of all of his positive qualities maybe you hug him instead!
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 1:25 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• DUMP HIS BUTT....HE OBVIOUSLY DOENT RESPECT YOU IF HE NEVER TOLD YOU...
    Naralie

Answer by Naralie at 11:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2009