I'm pregnant and DH makes commits about how much I eat. It Hurts. How can I get him to stop?

My DH keeps making commits about how much I eat. I have to eat small portions regularly through out the day in order to keep myself from feeling sick so sometimes I end up having several meals but they are small. I only eat the 300 extra a day.

He says things like "Was the baby really hungry today?" or "Wow our baby is going to be fat with how hungry you've been!"

He doesn't mean to hurt me but it really does. He's seen me cry over it but he still keeps on. How can I get him to stop?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• do you mean comments? commit is being COMMITED to something that you are VERY involved in something...

im sure you mean comments. but tell him it hurts your feelings and stop. even if hes seen you cry, guys are dumb sometimes and need to be TOLD something to actually comprehend it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• screw him sweetie... eat ur little pregnant heart out... i did that, i ate alot of fruit and stuff and ate small meals during the day.... next time he says something flick him in the nose.
    kwiseman19

Answer by kwiseman19 at 12:27 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i would kill him. then he cant say anything :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 12:32 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Flat out tell him it hurts, is cruel, and he MUST stop. Never, never assume a guy "gets it". Unless you spell it out in black and while, they really don't. Even then, they don't. I'm not being mean about guys - the vast majority simply don't speak in emotions, don't hear the many layers in what you say. They hear the plain, bare words and that's all.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:48 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• He's being a jerk. Tell him in NO uncertain terms that he is to stop.

If he says hurtful things to you, he will do the same to your baby. Imagine what it can do to a little girl to hear from her daddy that she eats too much! If you can't imagine, check out some eating disorders online!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:58 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• There are a few words you can say and I guarantee he will understand. They are SHUT UP YOU ASS. I am eating smaller portions because I feel sick and if you can't say something positive just shut up.

BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 1:21 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Well, if you really want to get the point across? Eat a normal meal and then toss your cookies on him.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:38 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Is he saying it in a mean way or is he just making an observation? Before I became pregnant, I hardly at at all, I was one of those women who had no problem eating half a meal and then going hours without eating again. At 34 wks. I eat all the time. Sometimes my husband will say things like "geez, our baby is gaining weight." But I don't really take too much offense, he's just making an observation and I think it's fascinating to him, esp. considering I"ve never been a big eater. Exercise makes me feel good about eating so much, so maybe you should try it. I may be eating a lot but I'm still taking care of my body and not using pregnancy as an excuse to turn into a big slob.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Feb. 2, 2009