needs some "good" answers

I want to be pregnant/have another baby SO BAD!!! I know, its not a good idea right now...DH and I are still in school and living with my parents. We were going to move out but decided to wait til we were more financially stable. But when we do move, we will start trying again a few months later. Well my problem is that my FAVORITE cousin is 31 weeks pregnant...I am trying so hard to be happy for her, but I just get jealous. I wish I didnt feel this way, but for some reason I just feel that it should be me that is pregnant...
What should I do? I've been doing a good job of hiding my jealousy so far...but I feel after her baby is born I will feel resentment toward her and the baby...I know that isnt right or fair, so what should I do??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Grow up, and get over it. It is not about you. Be gracious to your cousin and go out of your way to help her and bless her any way you can now and when the baby comes. Enjoy snuggling the new baby while your cousin gets a much-needed nap. If you hang on to yuour jealousy and insist on resenting her, just remember...karma is a bitch.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Well, put yourself in her shoes... how would you feel if you were the one pregnant and she wasn't completely happy for you or started to treat you differently because she was jealous? Just know that your time will come, but right now it's HER time! Enjoy her pregnancy with her and after she has her baby think of it as 'practice' time. You can be really involved in helping her with the baby. And when you do get pregnant you can know that she will be there for you too.
    princesspalace

Answer by princesspalace at 12:50 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Its not like I dont try...I have spent over $200 on her baby, helped set up the nursery, gave her my $350 breast pump, all my DD old baby items, helped with the shower, and have offered to help in many other ways...Its not like I am a bad person. I am just scared I could resent her...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i know exactly what you mean. before i had dd i lost to ds due to a tubal and mc. I tried desperatly to be happy for for a friend who was preggo while i lost mine. I made it through ok. just remember even though its hard, your time will come. sometimes sooner than we think.
    Stickybean08

Answer by Stickybean08 at 1:54 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• This is a joke right?
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 2:25 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• You know what...it is ok to have feelings. I did. I remember feeling that way when my sil was pregnant and I wasn't. Ride out your feelings. Your time will come. Hugs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I can TOTALLY relate! I wanted a little girl SO bad my first pregnancy and after I had my son, my SIL became pregnant, she had a girl. I resented that baby and her for months. We are all human!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• If you know its not a good time to have another baby then just get over it. You'll get your chance. Be patient.
    Anonymous