What interesting news story have you read recently?

I'm keeping up with the story on Mt Redoubt in Alaska right now.

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 12:50 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The tanker in Africa that was intentionally stopped and people ran to it with plastic ware to steal the fuel.....regular practice according to the article. One smoker didn't think about his actions.....the tanker exploded and be 113 to death with hundreds more severely injured. Sad practice, sad state of affairs.
    Babs910

Answer by Babs910 at 8:19 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I am following the Redoubt stuff too! We will be getting all the ash from it!
    Mommatoobe

Answer by Mommatoobe at 1:03 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Sorry to hear that Mommatoobe. I'm in Tacoma, Washington so we are in the shadow of Mt Rainier! If it ever erupts, we'll be in the danger zone from it too! Luckily there's not really much activity going on around it right now! But the Air Force base in Alaska is sending all its planes here to the base I'm at which is what makes it interesting to me.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:06 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Oh wow I didn't even know this was going on. Can I find it on cnn maybe? Thats scary!
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 3:12 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• We have a sad story I've been following. Just recently police raided puppy mills in 3-4 towns here in western WA. Right now there are over 600 dogs of various ages being held at our animal shelter!! Skagit County has filed charges but Snohomish County is bein REALLY slow. if you go to www.heraldnet.com you should be able to find the stories. It is so sad the conditions these dogs were in!!
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 3:55 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• That the senate republicans are pushing for serious cuts in the trillion dollar disaster and finally, some of the Dems have seen the light and agree with them.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:51 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• in my neighbor county, a mother and 16 year old daughter were both raped at gun point, and had to watch it happen to each other. The mom said she held her daughters and and kept telling her it was okay, it would be over soon. he then made them do oral on each other. he should be shot in the balls.repeatedly.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 10:46 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I'm with notpanicking
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:44 AM on Feb. 2, 2009