do you think changing tables are unnecessary?

I know you don't always use them to change the baby on, but they also can double as shelf space... lol

i found a really nice pretty white one to match the furniture that will go in our daughters nursery. and it is used (its on craigs list) its realllly pretty and its only 50 dollars... im thinking about buying it...

any thoughts would be appreciated lol

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:54 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ours is used as shelfing! It's really cute though but I maybe used it 20 times. Now I have to go so fast that I don't even think she's down for more than 10 seconds. haha!
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 12:56 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i absolutely love my changing table. My mother doesnt use one at her house, she does it on the couch or bathroom floor...but I just love mine. I use it every time I change his diaper. I took an old dresser I had that was waist level and stuck a travel changing pad from Target on top of it and there ya go....
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 1:00 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I always use mine. You don't really need one but its the designated area with her stuff.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:00 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• yeah you can always make it pretty and look nice and put things on the shelves you know?

do you think its worth it to spend 50 dollars on a changing table? its pretty. heres the pic.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:01 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• It is pretty but it's still a tough call for me.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 1:03 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• A lot of people that don't use them change their kids all over the house and I personally think that's unsanitary...I love mine and I use it EVERY time I change him. It also gives the baby a sense of security IMO because every time you put them on it...they know what is going to happen. It helps build a routine. I got one that I'm going to use for his tv stand when he gets bigger so I get 2 uses out of it. I also liked the diaper genie and wipe warmer and use them daily...a lot of people find those unnecessary too.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 1:04 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I bought one for my first and barely used it. But if your going to get one that changes into a shelf, it may be worth having.
    kirstanbrown

Answer by kirstanbrown at 1:04 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• if you have the room in her room go for it because of the extra shelving space. We have one thats attached to my sons crib that has alot of extra storage space but i've never used it to change him.....mostly alot of his blankets sit on it because he has so many and no where to put them
    calvinsmommy18

Answer by calvinsmommy18 at 1:05 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i dont have one, but to each his own. might be unnecessary to some and a necessity to some
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 1:06 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• oh...we got ours from Ikea and paid about 160 for the unit and then the add on for the changing table portion. Ours is also white and I love it. I'd do it all over again if I had to.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 1:07 AM on Feb. 2, 2009