how can i gewt my baby to poop

i have a two week old son and he does not poop i think the lasrt time i seen him poop was saturday early 4am...I think its the mlik he drinks,but i went to the doctors n they said he's fine and inside something tells me there wrong,i seriously need some help,babies should be poopin...gelp me please someone

daisy_209

Asked by daisy_209 at 1:02 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i did the same thing! when my son was born he would go a few days without pooping and his doc said everything was fine. I don't know if your breastfeeding or bottle feeding but that has alot to do with it. bottle babies don't poop as much i guess. As long as he's not acting like he's in pain from it, I'd say he's fine
    dze527

Answer by dze527 at 1:04 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Breastmilk or formula? Breastfed babies don't poop too much and it's not a problem. Formula babies can get constipated so you may need to switch. either to breast (not too late unless you've had a double mastectomy) or to a different formula.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:06 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I was always told it's normal for them to go up to 7 days without going. My baby started going every day then went every 3 days and man by that 3rd day did we have a blow out! I wouldn't do anything though.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 1:22 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I found this on parents.com:

"It's fine if your baby goes just once every three days as long as his stool remains soft, he's gaining weight, and he has no abdominal pain or bloating."

http://www.parents.com/baby/care/diapers/baby-poop1/

My pediatrician said that a bowel movement every couple days is just fine. I wouldn't be too concerned.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 1:29 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• it is normal for a baby to go days without pooping, as long as it isn't over a week. if it goes over a week, then bring him to his pedi.
    JilliansMum

Answer by JilliansMum at 2:05 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• JilliansMum
    it is normal for a baby to go days without pooping, as long as it isn't over a week. if it goes over a week, then bring him to his pedi.

In addition, it is normal and safe for an EBF baby to go up to 10 days.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:00 AM on Feb. 2, 2009