How far along where you?

How far along where you when you found out the sex of your baby? I'll be 15 weeks for my next ultrasound and I'm hoping to find out the sex of the baby's. Was the ultrasound accurate?

babyangelromero

Asked by babyangelromero at 1:09 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The genitals have just been formed now. So they aren't very accurate at 15 weeks. Why not schedule the u/s for later, it's more accurate and right now an anatomy u/s would be hard to do... I dunno, 15 weeks seems early for a u/s. But I only get 1 for pregnancy and that's the 20 week one, barring any complications.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:13 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I found out at 20 weeks...I think the ealiest they check is 18
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 1:16 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I'm having twins so they do an ultrasound almost everytime I go, my next appointment is on the 15th and I get an ultrasound that day so I wanted to know if I could find out soon. I'll definetly be getting more and if I cant find out this time I will probably next time. I found out I was expecting a girl at excatly 16 weeks with my first so I didnt know how much a diffrence 1 week would make.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 1:19 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i found out at 18 weeks and 4 days....of was it 17 weeks and 4 days.... one or the other...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:19 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• 22 wks...

dr did an US @ 16wks, thought he saw "something that looked like girl parts but not sure..."

had an US @ 22 wks, and we're having a little boy.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:20 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• At 16 weeks it's easier to spot a girl than a boy, because sometimes the boy parts don't really drop that early lol.

Has your doctor told you the research on having too many u/s? I am just curious. My friend had twins and didn't get an u/s at every appointment. I hope everything's alright with the pregnancy for them to do that! Good luck.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:22 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Yeah! I know about the risks I actually was concerned about it but they doctors said it was necessary. 4 months before I conceived my twins I was told that I could never have kids again, well 4 months later I became pregnant and that ultrasound was done at 6 weeks my doctors were already concerned since they suspected I could no longer have children and thats when we found 2 little heart beats. I didn't take any fertility drugs or anything I really made up my mind that there weren't going to be anymore babies I already have 2 so I was cherishing motherhood. Last week I started bleeding my placenta had detached a little and you celticreverie actually responded to that post which by the way was very helpful. So thats why I get alot of check up (every 2 weeks) and alot of ultrasounds.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 1:49 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I do hope everything goes smoothly though! :) The gender will be more accurate at a later u/s, so even if they can see the gender now don't go buy pink/blue things just yet haha :)

celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 1:50 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• 18 weeks for all three.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:55 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I was 19 weeks ( usually they schedule your "big" ultrasound around 20 weeks and that is when they will announce the sex~ if it is known). I was 20 weeks with my first Son.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:05 AM on Feb. 2, 2009