I'm I infected by malware

I got on my pc today and there was no Internet connection. I'm still able to get on my iPad and use netflix on my tv. Would I have the virus? I went on the government site a couple of months ago and it said my computer was fine. The thing is when I checked it, it didn't say any thing about looking for a red or green screen. It told me to look in some part of the computer I've never been for some #'s. I'm hoping there's just a glitch going on. My computer wasn't acting weird.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jul. 9, 2012 in Technology

• BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 11:45 AM on Jul. 9, 2012

• No problem here.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 12:54 PM on Jul. 9, 2012

• pretty sure you are fine, it would be affecting your internet connection, if i understand it right, and your ipad and netflix would not work since they (i assume, anyway) use the same internet connection.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 1:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2012

• mines ok
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 2:36 PM on Jul. 9, 2012

• According to the news this malware scare fizzled pretty quickly.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:13 PM on Jul. 9, 2012

• Be sure to download malwarebytes (a freebie software)
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2012

___

It affects the address the COMPUTER uses to connect to the internet and can affect routers. BUT it is very probable that your router is fine and your computer is not.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:30 PM on Jul. 9, 2012