Potty training?

My son is going to be 2 in a few weeks. He always tells me when his diaper is poopy and if it is wet and he will take it off. He will sit on the potty to go but he hates it when he gets pee on the chair or on himself. Then he refuses to go in it for a few days. I try sitting him back futher but it dosen't work. He doesn't want to keep a diaper or pull ups on either. Should I get a different potty chair ?

loves2read

Asked by loves2read at 1:27 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I use First Years potty seat that sits on top of the toilet. I don't have a separate seat. The kids see us using the "big" potty and want to use the same one. Also, you could have a problem when out and about and need to use the potty. I tell my son to push his penis down so he doesn't pee all over the place. The seat has a boy shield for the purpose, but he doesn't like it. He just aims down. He is also working on this stand and pee mode. It's SO cute to see him on his tiptoes to get his penis over the rim. He also holds the toilet seat up while he goes. Perhaps in a previous live he had the seat come down on him. We have never showed him to do this. He just does. There is also a toilet seat replacement that has a built-in kids seat. No shield, but the hole is smaller for the little bums. It snaps into the toilet lid when not in use.

meanmommyx3

Answer by meanmommyx3 at 1:41 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• When I trained my son and my nephew I would just sit them on the toilet backwards... If they did miss a little, no big deal, it was just a little toddler pee to clean up, but there was no fear and they did train easy. Plus then it was an easy transition to them standing at the potty.
    Lil-Jo

Answer by Lil-Jo at 10:04 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• My daughter is giving me a rough time. She's 20 months. Some days, she's all about the potty, and others, she wants nothing to do with it.

My son, was three before I got him trained, though, and I think the funniest thing was when I told him to "shake it off", he started hopping up and down...
    Jynx1978

Answer by Jynx1978 at 1:08 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• lol@ PP.....
    MamaCatCat

Answer by MamaCatCat at 1:40 PM on Feb. 2, 2009