If God is all knowing and all sovereign, shouldn't he be guilty of the will of mankind?

Yes, I am agnostic. And manytimes I have been asked the question of "What if?'. If there is a God, believe that he should be intelligent enough to understand why I question.

One of many questions that I have, if God is all knowing, sovereign, and fair, then why is there evil against the innocent? If God will not overcome the will of mankind, even when there is consequence against the innocent, then why don't mankind hold God accountable as an accessory to the crime?

Seems to me that heaven and hell is all the same place.

BlueSaphire

Asked by BlueSaphire at 1:35 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I am not a chrisitan either. I believe some of the answers you will get is God gives free will.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Evil against the innocent-Yes, there is. He gave us a choice to choose his will for us or not. He lays our will out before us and we can take it or not. He promised us free will, So if you choose to do something evil against the innocent he won't go back on his promise to stop you. However; He will punish you. He won't forget what you did. On judgement day you will be held accountable for it all. You will not et away with it in the end and that's that. Parishing in hell with temperature's hotter than anything on this world for eternity..I think that's a pretty good punishment, don't you? I don't know all the answers but I will never stop believeing him or his promises.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Sinning is human nature, you will not be sent to hell for sinning, you will simply be sent to hell fo denying God and his words.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• and yes anonymous..She will get that answer because God did promise it. God also does not break his promises.
    Some people feel like God is un just because they are looking at what is done in this world...They aren't looking at the word that clearly states they will not go un punished, They will parish in hell etc etc..There's so much..
    They will definitely get a severe punishment in the end.
    If he didn't give us choice then we'd be under the law and if we are under the law we'd all go straight to hell. Period. The old testament is the law. Jesus came in the new testament and broke us from the law and put under mercy instead.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• First of all we should not question God he does eveerything for a reason... When Adam and eve sinned that is why we are like we are today. God is an all loving God but it hurts him to see people not living for him and doing things that are bad and that GOd didnt creat... SO you have to ask yourself why question God when he does everyone for a reason...... God bless you
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:57 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Yes, God did say we will all fall under sin. He doesn't expect us to be perfect. That's where his mercy and forgiveness come in. He knows what is in our hearts. He knows if there is evil in someone's heart and if they don't care about what evil things they have did. Those people will parish.
    I didn't say you'd go to hell for sinning. Like I said. We'd all go to hell in that case.
    I think God judges us by what's in our hearts and he is the only one to determine who goes to hell or heaven. If it's evil, rotten and shows no remorse then they will parish.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I've always looked at this way:
    I would rather go my whole life worshiping and loving my God, to find out through death he never existed.
    Instead of denying him all my life to find he were real.
    WeLuvOurNUGGET

Answer by WeLuvOurNUGGET at 2:12 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• But there is still evil done upon the innocent. This is not the will of the innocent, to have teeth knocked out by turning the other cheek, while the perp sues the victim with the money stolen (an analogy referring to the old adage).

How will God answer to a lifetime of abuse by saying I'm sorry for your pain, but you've doubted me, so you are lower than the perp who said he/she is sorry?
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 2:22 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• the innocent have something the others don't.. eternal life. death is nothing but a graduation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I question God all the time. He said if we seek knowledge he will gladly give it. I think that God allows evil because it is what we choose. He loves us enough not to force us to do what he wants us to do. He is angry and saddened by our choices as people, but allows us to do what we wish out of respect. When God created the world he created the entire timeline of the world. Everything that would be, and was was created at the same time. God knew about every evil, every good before it was even done. Why didn't he change it? It wasn't his place to change it. It is ours.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:44 AM on Feb. 2, 2009