When you are awarded a "Best Answer"....

What is the proper etiquette? When I give them I get a response from the member that says "Thank you!"

Which is fine, You're welcome!

When I am awarded a best answer, I've never replied to that message and said Thank YOU!

Am I secretly being spat at for that one? Is the thank you obligatory?

Asked by staciandababy at 4:56 PM on Jul. 9, 2012 in About CafeMom

• some do, some dont
    seems to be a 50/50 split- i am one of the tacky ones that doesn't

Answer by feralxat at 4:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2012

• Nothing is obligatory :) Some people send a short "thanks" and others do not. It is entirely up to you, in my opinion

Answer by BrawnwynII at 4:58 PM on Jul. 9, 2012

• I do a "thanks" because, I was raised that way (southern) and, somehow I feel like my grandma would haunt me if I wasn't polite.

Answer by 3libras at 4:59 PM on Jul. 9, 2012

• I don't. I figure other people don't like their mailboxes filled up with messages.

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:03 PM on Jul. 9, 2012

• The messages that get sent are automatic so it's not like the person who asked the question is actually sending it or even aware that it's been sent so it isn't necessary to respond to them. (Though if you do that's great too). I turned my notifications for that sort of thing off though so unless I check back I don't know when I received best answer

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:04 PM on Jul. 9, 2012

• I don't usually send the "Thanks" response, sometimes i feel like I should, especially if its the same person who awarded me a Best Answer to several questions, but I always seem to hit "delete message" before I remember to reply :P

PS: THANKS Booklover for the BA's yesterday(i think it was yesterday?) !!! :D

Answer by DreainCO at 5:09 PM on Jul. 9, 2012

• Am I secretly being spat at for that one? Is the thank you obligatory?

HAHA! This made me laugh! I sure hope people dont get 'spat at' for not replying. I send ' Thank you' but not all the time, only when I remember.

Answer by kylie_bob at 5:11 PM on Jul. 9, 2012

• I don't send a thank you.

Answer by robinkane at 5:16 PM on Jul. 9, 2012

• I say thank you and also add a smile

Answer by LostSoul88 at 5:18 PM on Jul. 9, 2012

• There's no rule. Some people get irritated if they get thank you's - usually if it's someone who just went through and closed out 40 questions and then gets hit with 15 thank you's right in a row. Some people think you should always send one. Do whichever you prefer.

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:40 PM on Jul. 9, 2012