Do you eat cake without frosting?

I have to have some sort of frosting on it.

AnnaMac

Asked by AnnaMac at 1:46 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I like frosting
    Have3Girls114

Answer by Have3Girls114 at 2:10 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i do dont like frosting
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I like frosting, but there are some cakes I like without. For example, I make this really good streusel cake with chocolate streusel and mini chips...that needs no frosting, but I do sometimes do a vanilla or coffee drizzle.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 7:13 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• There are some cakes that don't have frosting, the streusel that jespeach mentioned. Some coffee cakes, nut and banana breads, apple cakes, and so forth. I like frosting on sheet cakes and birthday cakes, but if the ice is too thick I'll take it off. Frosting that is too thick is like eating soft candy to me- nothing wrong with eating soft candy, but if i am already eating cake, I'll leave the candy behind to keep from eating the extra fat and calories. I just had King Cake, by the way, the traditional Mardi Gras cake- I did remove the icing before eating pieces of the cake since the icing was too thick. The cake was fine without it.

Answer by Bmat at 7:26 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Depends on the cake. If the cake isn't supposed to have frosting, that's good. If the cake just isn't frosted, that's good, too. But if the cake is frosted, you better believe I'll eat the frosting if it tastes good. Hubby scrapes the frosting off and just eats cake. Silly man. ;) LOL
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 8:11 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I like frosting without cake. :) But I'll eat the cake, too, if it's there.
    flmom321

Answer by flmom321 at 8:13 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• yep! Cake is good with or without
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:46 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I'm with pagirl71
    mamarocks3

Answer by mamarocks3 at 8:51 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I dont like frosting so I take it off when I eat cake. So yeah I eat it without frosting every time.

Answer by gemgem at 9:12 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Frosting is the best part! I love my cake with frosting and ice cream together on my fork :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:13 AM on Feb. 2, 2009