Should I take my New Neighbors an Invite?

My neighbors both have children my kids ages. Us and the one's next door are new here. We always say hi and such but I haven't really talked to much to them and I want to know them better since we have kids all the same age. So My son's b-day party is Sat.. Should I invite them? What do y'all think? ???

Barbara144

Asked by Barbara144 at 1:59 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• what could it hurt...they could turn out to be amazing people. And you can NEVER have too many friends, especially when their kids are the same age as yours...its nice to know someone who is dealing with the same dituations as you are
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:02 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• sure
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Ya I would.
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 7:03 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I wouldn't invite them to a b-day party, since you barely know them. They might uncomfortable about feeling like they need to bring a gift. Why don't you invite them over some other day to get to know them...that might be more appropriate.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 8:27 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I would invite them. It will give the kids a chance to get to know each other. In fact when we moved into our new house that is how I became friends with one of my neighbors. She invited us to her sons birthday party. We are great friends now.
    norbert

Answer by norbert at 8:41 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i would kids dont care if they barely know another child they will play with them anyways it just more fun for you kid and it gives you chance to meet your neighbors
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 9:44 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Sure, but how about when you invite them, tell them not to bring a gift so the don't feel obligated to buy for someone they don't know well or keep them from coming. Just tell them you would love to get to know them better and you thought the kids might have fun. Also be prepared to entertain them because they aren't going to know anyone, or have one of your other guests assigned to make them feel welcome. I invited some new friends of ours last April to our sons b day party and I told them I just wanted their presence and they were NOT to bring him anything. I knew it would be too much of a financial strain on them. They had so much fun getting to know my other friends and family. I think its a great idea.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:54 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Absolutely! It's a great idea!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:14 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• yeah i would
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 11:57 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I agree, totally invite, and mention they don't have to bring anything. If they do, it will totally be on their own accord.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 12:37 PM on Feb. 2, 2009