For the past two hours

I've been having what feels like cramps and tightening in my stomach. Just really dull but consistent cramps. My husband and I had sex for the first time in months at eleven and shortly after that is when it started. It is now one. I am 35 weeks. Could this just be the really early signs of labor or is it just in my head? I've never had braxton hicks that had any more discomfort than the tightening. These do feel like PMSing. hahaha It is happening almost ever five or less minutes.

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 2:01 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• if its pre term labor it wont be you bothering your doctor, he is used to getting calls like this, he delivers babies at any time of day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• you should call your drs emergency line and let him know if its been over an hour and its constant and every five min or less it could be labor and your too early for that.

i had to go in to L&D around about 33 weeks because i was having the same thing and i had to get a shot to stop them bc i was too early.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:03 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• time them...also call your doctor, you are still early so if it is real he will probably want to stop it.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:03 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Well.. I hope it's not contractions since ur still 35 weeks but you never know.. They could also be braxton hicks.. I had them the last few weeks of pregnancy. If they get more painful I would call your on call doctor.. Keep keeping track of them.. Best wishes.. ;)
    Barbara144

Answer by Barbara144 at 2:05 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• barbara if they are really close together and lasting more than an hour and she is keeping track of them, what is the point in keeping track of them if she isnt going to do anything about it. its been two hours already you should call the dr hun.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• But they don't hurt bad like people say they do. That is why I am skeptical. It just feels like those little itty bitty cramps you get before or after your period. Just realllllllly tiny.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 2:09 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i didnt even know i was having contractions.... and i was.

i was just crampy too. and i was having them often i guess ... i didnt know that lol
    i was surprised to find out when the nurse at l&d told me
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:12 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• mine didnt even hurt when I was 8 cenimeters dialated...everyone is differnt, just because they dont hurt doesnt mean its not labor. I was in labor for 2 days before I went to the hospital and didnt even notice...I was laying in the hospital bed, while a nurse was checking me and there was this 2 inch think bump from my vagina to the top of my belly and i said look babe (to my DH) the baby is sticking her butt up in the air again and the nurse laughed and said "no sweet heart, thats a contraction..." then asked how long I have been getting them I said "two days I guess" so yea, just because they dont hurt doesnt mean anything...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Maybe I just have a high pain tolerance. But who do I even call?? It is one in the morning! Its rude to call any one so late. hahaha
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 2:20 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Well Yes.. I said "Keep Keeping Track of them, and call ur on call doctor..." Gosh.. Anyways, I think she'll do something about it. I had a lot of braxton hicks after I hit my 35 week mark. They were not painful and yes sometimes they would last more than 2 hours. I always called my Doctor and they never got painful. But by all means I agree that she has to call the On Call Doctor. Everyone is different and we dont' want her to wind up having a baby when she still has a few more weeks to go. So please.. Call the Doctor.
    Barbara144

Answer by Barbara144 at 2:21 AM on Feb. 2, 2009