are rugs lame?

are rugs lame to put in a baby room? i found a cute pink shaggy one for 30 dollars at target.. i want it!!!

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:13 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• As long as they are not one that will bunch up and you can trip over. Rugs are your friend! Once you get a few kids around, you will see this to be true. Kids have a way of destroying carpet just because their kids, but rugs actually help keep the wear and tear down. I have gotten to where I don't even care what the rug looks like, I just put something down over the main aisle of travel. I found one at this garage sale that was made for a kindergarten or preschool room and it has the letters on it and pictures of things in french. Its in our computer room where the kids are at a lot and its really saved our carpet. I hate carpet!
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:45 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• My baby has a rug in his room. We only have it to keep it warmer since our house has hard wood floors. and the baby's room IS your decision. No one is going to come in and say, "why the heck is there a rug in here? Dumb!" Especially not your daughter. Do whatever makes YOU happy.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 2:14 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• You decide. I probably wouldn't go with shag, just because it gets little fuzzies on your hands and clothes which end up in little mouthes. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:16 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I JUST found an adorable one at walmart and I am getting it for my DD room...I think they are sweet!!!
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:17 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• get it if u like it and have the money for it get it decorated your baby room however u like congrats on the baby

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• yuppp your right susie.. no shaggys
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:19 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I only reason I hate rugs in baby's room is because you can trip on it in the middle of the night when you are exhausted. You tend to drag your feet after several sleepless nights - and that can hurt you and your baby if you trip on the rug.

** I had a rug on my son's room and I tripped - good thing I was going there to get thim so I didnt have him in my arms... the rug was GONE at the same minute (before I grabbed him too)
    Paty_hotmommy

Answer by Paty_hotmommy at 2:47 AM on Feb. 2, 2009