why is it mostly in the middle of the night?

i wake up about 15 times in the middle of the night moaning and groaning and curling in balls from the pains i get in my stomach and from the cramping i get. then by the day time its just normal and tolerable and sometimes not there... why is it worse at night? is that typical?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, I know, not your hips, but the same idea. Your muscles are stretching, the weight of the baby adds to the pressure and strain. Place the pillows so that you're best supporting the weight of your stomach and keeping your spine straight, or your back flat against the bed. I had twins. My stomach stretched so far that I had torn muscles in my stomach. For the last month of my pregnancy I had cramps that felt a lot like braxton hicks. They were much worse at night when I lay down....same reason, same solution. I hadn't thought before that you may have torn muscles - you are far enough along - you might.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 3:01 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• It is usually there during the day too, you just dismiss it because you are busy. How far along are you?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:30 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• no im not that busy at all actually lol i dont work until night time which is only a few hours and during the rest of the day im just around the house doing nothing... im 38 1/2 weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Same thing with me! I get real back braxton hicks ONLY at night when im asleep. I end up waking up cause they hurt realy, really bad. Then i have to use the number 2 right after the pain goes away and sometimes during the time i have the bad pain in my stomach. I just feel like curling in a ball at times but i cant because i have to go to the RR to use to #2 :(
    im 37 weeks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Wow...actually you could be in labor. I was in labor the whole last month. I dialated really slowly. :)
    Then they just go away. (My last doctor said braxton hicks are what effaces your cervix.)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 2:35 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• SusieD250 anon right above your last answer was not the person who wrote the question lol that was me :)
    But i only have braxton hicks here and there like once or twice a week if not less.
    Im already dilated at 1 cent.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• It could be your mattress. I used to get terrible hip pain. When you lie down you are stressing your joints and muscles. They are being pulled in a certain direction for long periods of time...not like when you are awake and moving around. Try placing a pillow between your knees if you lay on your side, or put a pillow under the back of your knees to keep your legs slightly bent if you lay on your back.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 2:43 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• It could be braxton hicks or labor. It varies so greatly for every woman that even your doc has no idea. Hopefully your baby will be coming at any moment now!
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:43 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• its not in my hips though... i mean i get that too but i know thats typical lol.

but this is in my stomach and lower stomach and i sleep with like a butt load of pillows all around me to get comfy lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:44 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Well being that it seems to me that they dont hurt that BAD because you would be in tears right now. lol Its just braxton hicks if they hurt realy really bad then time them if there is no need to time them cause they are not close then its just normal so no need to worry. Just tell your doctor about it on your next app. or if they still hurt by morning then calll you doctors office and they will tell you to go in and get checked GL!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Feb. 2, 2009