Traveling to London next summer...am I estimating costs correctly?

I'm traveling to London as a graduation present to myself (I'll graduate with a Bachelors that June). I have figured out how much the flight and hotel will be online using travel websites but I haven't found much information on cost of food and attractions.

I have it figured out that I'd probably need about $2,000.00 USD or $1,288 euros to cover food, attractions, shopping and travel for 7 days.

Is that about right? Am I forgetting anything?

I've never traveled outside of the US and I want to start saving right away but I don't want to underestimate and not have enough when the time comes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Jul. 9, 2012 in Travel

• Train tickets and crabs can be expensive, and if you are wanting to do traveling while there it could get expensive. Remember, overseas everything is more expensive.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 10:24 PM on Jul. 9, 2012

• In London (Great Britain) they use pounds not euro. I would check the conversion rate for pounds. It is much more expensive than euros.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:31 PM on Jul. 9, 2012

• Just make sure you have a lot of extra spending money
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 10:32 PM on Jul. 9, 2012

• next time you see mme. langley on ask her- she's there now
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:47 PM on Jul. 9, 2012

• feralxat beat me to it. If she's not still in London she's in Paris.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:01 PM on Jul. 9, 2012

• Looks like I'm going to switch gears and do a "tour" of London, Paris and Rome instead...flight, hotel, travel while there, breakfast daily, a few dinners, tour guide included. I'd just need money for lunch and dinner when not provided and souvenirs/excursions. Thanks for all of your help though!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:06 AM on Jul. 10, 2012

• Im a little late, but I lived in London for 3 weeks and Paris for 1, leaving tomorrow.
    Whatever you think you need, DOUBLE IT! Everything is INSANELY expensive, especially in Paris. Just a SODA is 8 euros.
    London is a little better, but not by much. Walking tours of London (we did Jack the Ripper) is between 10-20 pounds per person. If you plan to eat out, it will be at least 15 pounds and Paris is more like 20-25 euros. Rediculous.
    And make sure you know whats included in any package, they will get you with all the stuff they dont include.
    PM me if you have any questions. I am leaving Paris tomorrow morning and will be back home, in CA, 7:30pm.
    Have fun, I LOVE IT HERE!!!! OMG if I could have my whole family here, Id never go back. Its beautiful.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:28 PM on Jul. 10, 2012

• And thanks for all those who mentioned me and remembered where I am ;)
    I feel special!
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:29 PM on Jul. 10, 2012