At what point is it normal to have secretions from the breasts?

I am 19 weeks and have been seeing secretions since nearly the beginning. My daughter is 2.5 and I breastfed tip 17 months. Not sure I ever really ceased lactation. Not sure haven't really been watching my nipples closely....

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 10:33 PM on Jul. 9, 2012 in Pregnancy

• I didn't leak at all when I was pregnant with my kids, but after weaning my youngest I continued to produce milk for about a year.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:38 PM on Jul. 9, 2012

• Once you have kids, some woman may NEVER stop lactating!! My ydd is now almost 3 and I stopped lactating about 6 months ago even though I only bf for 3 months and pumped until she was 6 months... and now I am 20 weeks pregnant... :) I haven't started leaking yet. Typically though, its between 20-28 weeks.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:45 PM on Jul. 9, 2012

• Every woman is different, and what may be normal for you, may be abnormal for another woman and vice versa. As far as you are not having any pain, and the secretions are clear or milky (no blood/brownish discharge) you should be fine. But as BabyBugsmama mentioned it usually happens in the late second and third trimester.

Good luck and take care,
    Ummu Salma.
    UmmuSalma

Answer by UmmuSalma at 8:30 AM on Jul. 15, 2012