i have a 5 month old and i want to go back to work and i'm tring to find an easy way to ween him off my breast

angewings22

Asked by angewings22 at 3:16 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Why do you want to wean? It's totally possible to work and breastfeed, which I do. Here's a good link: http://www.workandpump.com/...kellymom.com is also a great resource.

I can't be of much help, since I've never weaned a baby.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 3:38 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I wondered the same thing as kynziesmom. You're in for a fight on your hands. Babies may switch to the bottle temporarily for a few hours during the day, but if you want to wean completely that's a different story. Each child is different.. for instance mine refused bottles of any kind after he was 4 months old... and that was the end of that.I pumped while I was still working (I'm out of work now), and it is completely do-able and most states have laws protecting it (except for a few states). Most employers will allow you to do it, and it gives you an extra long break since it usually takes longer than the average 15 minute break AND usually they have to give it to you. I have no suggestions on weaning since we are child-led sorry.

s.teph

Answer by s.teph at 8:02 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I don't support mom led weaning, but here is the best answer that you will get for this.

Replace one feeding per week with formula until done. Any faster, and you are setting yourself up for engorgement, and possible infections. This method is easier on baby and mom's body.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:38 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• pump at work. the only thing i know about weaning is that it has to be done SLOWLY. if you qulify for wic, you may be able to get a free pump =)
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 5:35 PM on Feb. 2, 2009