How do they enroll in school???

I don't want this to turn into a battle about vaccinations....but I have been curious about this. When kids start school, aren't you supposed to take a form to the school to show that the child has been vaccinated? If they haven't been vaccinated, then how are they able to enroll in school? My kids are to young to go to school yet, but I have been wondering this ever since I started seeing all the people that don't vaccinate there kids.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:38 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• Your best bet is to call your local school and ask. There are probably differing policies, and there is usually a school nurse on staff who will know.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 4:42 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• You fill out paper work stating you aren't vaccinating your child and it has options as to why. You can get the papers from your doc or the health dept.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 4:45 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• There are legal exemptions you can use. The school system will not tell you about them, you just have to know.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:48 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• My kids are vaccinated but I refused to get them the chicken pox booster because I felt it was useless (let them get the chicken pox) and I had to fill out a religious exemption. I told them I wasn't religious but I still had to fill it out.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:20 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Use an exeption form. All states have some for of exemption for those who don't vaccinate.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:23 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• you fill out the religious reasons form but we are still having kids w/o that or shots come into school and the parent has a certain number of days to get it to us / after that we dont let the kid come into school without either of the two (shots or exempt form) it is by state for the laws... it sucks and i would like to see it changed...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:43 AM on Feb. 2, 2009