Phelps

What do you think about this?? The video takes a min to load.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2009/02/01/lemon.phelps.pot.cnn

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I watched this story on GMA this morning and though I know hes a kid (or young adult) and hes human and all people do things to "sow their wild oates" BUT the major factor in this is the sponsors. He has multi million dollar deals with certain sponsors and they don't want him doing ANYTHING to mess that up. If people find him doing things illegal or that they disagree with, then it could very well affect their business and right now, they can't afford that. Personally, I think they shouldn't put so much pressure on him, but like someone on GMA said, its a life he chose and hes got to do one or the other, he can be both. Its a hard place for him to be, I know.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:41 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I think it's fine. people make too much a big deal of pot. (btw, I am NOT a pot smoker, I just can't seem to "handle" it)
    TheSinFamily

Answer by TheSinFamily at 4:55 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• You know what, im not a fan of drugs, but come on.. it's pot. He isn't shooting heroin! The poor kid spend years of his life training for the Olympics and was on a strict diet and training plan. Hes done a lot at a young age and deserves to party a little bit and blow off some steam. I feel bad that people are turning this into a big deal.

xtina34

Answer by xtina34 at 5:38 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I don't think it changes my opinion. It would be hard to live up to the expectations that people set for you in a situation like that. I have smoked pot before about 9 years ago, hope that people don't start turning on me too!
    TurksMommy

Answer by TurksMommy at 8:30 AM on Feb. 2, 2009