help please with my baby high fever and congestion

i took my 2 year old to the ped due to high fever of 104.3 , he perscribed augmentin , he had a ear infection , the doc said it should be started to clear by sunday , today is monday and my kid is still having a high fever , beside that we took him to ER last night , when he sleeps he was holding his breath because he couldn't breath from his nose and don't know how maybe to open his mouth th take the breath ,he have congestion , the doc sai because his tonsils are big of the cold , and he have mucus its hard for him to breath so he gasps for air in episode like sleap apnea he jerks out and wake up everyime he hold his breath, and she said he should feel better the next day beacause he is allready on augmentin, today is monday and still he cant sleep and still have fever , wht should i do please have anyone experienced this before, i'm afraid the way he looks when he cuts his breath , please help i'm scared

sil1

Asked by sil1 at 5:06 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• in this case i would bring him to a childrens hospital. When the ped and ER said it should be better by yesterday and he still has high fever. please take him to the childrens hospital.

other than that i would not know what else to do.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:28 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Tylenol and Motrin obviously aren't helping with the fever. I agree, he should be taken to a children's hospital.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:30 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• bak to the hospital. its better to feel a fool than be anxious and worrysome,
    angelmomma2

Answer by angelmomma2 at 5:40 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• OMG... this is exaclty what we have been doing with Emma for the last 2 weeks! I am taking her AGAIN to the Dr today. 2 weeks ago she was prescribed Zithromax for and ear infection. The next night it was ER til 4am with 105.2 fever. Then 2 days later it was back to reg Dr for a script change... It has been 10 days and she started with a hacking cough and raspy breathing. I am not sure what the heck is going on but it is a nasty one. Keep me posted if you can. I would love to know if your Dr have any more answers than mine. I think it is RSV... but the Drs just blew me off when I suggested it.
    Rachael

Answer by Rachael at 11:28 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• it all went good now , he's breathing fine , as the dr and the ER told me it will take time it did but it took 72 hours for him to get on track , it was freightful what we poor guy went through , thank you all for your support, he is much better , the sleep apnea ( during sleep ) it went away after 2 nights
    Rachael ,my dr prescribed eugmentine for ear infection, and it just started to work after 5 days now, good luck with your dd and keep me posted please
    sil1

Answer by sil1 at 10:56 AM on Feb. 3, 2009