someone please help!!!!

my daughter is 7 months old and shes BF and she has always taken formula and juice out of a bottle since she was little juice everyday formula just like every once and a while then it all stoped my hubby and i bought her genaric formula and she didnt like it but now we try to give her her juice or the normal formula and she screams she wont take it if she sees a bottle she screams and wont take it shes getting her top teeth but could that be it cuz she still nurses fine and shes not sleeping and if shes playing she will just start screaming out of no where and wont stop plz i need help im loosing my mind she has always been such a good baby and now she wont take a bottle and its like she has colic or something plz plz plz help!!!!

the_shy_one

Asked by the_shy_one at 7:50 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think its because shes teething. The breast probably doesnt hurt as much as a plastic bottle nipple does. I would try using orajel (sp?) on her top teeth and see if that relieves her at all. You can also use a cold wash cloth and let her suck on it to help numb it. See if that helps at all. If it doesnt then you can always move to a tippy cup. One of my kids refused a bottle around 7 or 8 mths and was exclusively breastfed and went straight from the breast to a cup. She is old enough to use one.

Answer by gemgem at 7:54 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• My children's pediatrician was the well known Dr. Denmark (who developed the whooping cough vac.) and who, incidentally turned 112 years old yesterday. :) whoo hooo I want to live that long. I figure a person who has the secret to living that long may know what she's talking about. She taught all of her patients parents to begin feeding protein, mild veg., cooked fruit and rice cereal at this age and all of our children thrived very happily and very healthy. The trend today seems to lean towards not feeding solids, but I see many parents say their babies become very fussy at this age. I would try mixing all the food together, after you introduce the food one at a time, very slowly (making sure no allergies). I have 4 children. The last two that I fed this way were content and my most healthy of all. :) Hope this helps. You are welcome to join us at Common Sense Parenting group here at cafemom.

lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 8:23 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Have you tried a sippy cup?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:33 AM on Feb. 2, 2009