Should I feel guilty?

I am in a "it's complicated" type of thing with a guy that I really do like alot and am not going to mess around behind his back (a crush from long ago, that I am talking with alot more again). On FB, a handsome guy that I had one night of kissing with, is now on my list too. My friend was teasing me about being naughty. Should I feel bad about having this guy on my list too? Seriously, we had one night about 7 years ago and he lives two hours away from me. I really like my guy I am with and do not plan to mess things up there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2012 in Relationships

• Nothing to feel guilty about!!!!!

Answer by older at 2:33 PM on Jul. 10, 2012

• Yep- I'm w/ Older on this one- you don't have a thing to feel guilty about.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2012

• Since its been 2 years ago and it was not serious. than I would not even have the other guy on my list. This one you are with if you realy like him focus more on him, leave the past where it belongs.
    And if it was the other way around how would you feel about him being in contact with someone even if it was justfor one time.

time distance and change can bring people back together.
    Anonymous

• There's no need to feel guilty, unless you are sexting with this guy over FB. If you are just "friends" and don't even talk or anything, I don't see the point in keeping him on your list, but there isn't any hard...UNLESS like Anon said, you wouldn't like HIM to have an old "flirt" on his list. Its a two-way street. If that is something that wouldn't bother you, then go for it. But really think about if you want to keep him on your list...
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 4:34 PM on Jul. 10, 2012

• You have nothing to feel guilty about....yet however be careful becasue two hours is not that far of a drive and he may not see it that way he may think he can change your feelings and even though they are not there yet the more you talk do you know that wont change?
    supgrl87

Answer by supgrl87 at 6:23 PM on Jul. 10, 2012

• Hmm...just why are you feeling guilty? You haven't really said. But do you really know why? Explaining the background suittation isn't explaining why you feel guilty. When you said "list" am I to assume this is FB's freind list?

Do you believe that potential partners and past partners should not be a part of your life if you are with someone?
    Do you feel that you are setting up a suitation by being freinds in which you may "cheat?"
    Do you feel the need to disclose that you are friends with other men to this "it's complicated" partner?
    Do you feel that "it's complicated" isn't enough to close the door on the dating world yet and so you are keeping your options open?

Those are reasons for guilt. What's the deep reason here for you? Feeling guilt does not mean you have done somethng wrong. It means you need to examine long held belifes and double check them to see if you agree with them.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 11:24 AM on Jul. 11, 2012

• isabellalecour: I really like "it's complicated" is why I feel a bit guilty. I know that when it's complicated it is not official, but really do care for him. I am just a bit nervous with men because I got burnt bad once.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:16 PM on Jul. 11, 2012