Does Michael Phelps smoking pot make you feel disappointed in him?

Or do you think its not a big deal?

HayleyGM

Asked by HayleyGM at 8:59 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I would be really disappointed if I had a child that looked up to him. But since I don't, I don't really care.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:00 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Im disappointed in anyone who does drugs.

Answer by gemgem at 9:01 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• No I am not disappointed in him. More people do it than you think. I mean if that picture would have never been taken we wouldnt even be aware of it. I just think people like to get all up in arms over dumb thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• No. He is just a human too. I hope that my kids would look to me as their role models. Not some sportsmen,or rapper .......
    Anonymous

• It disappoints me, he is a role model to many children and a huge figure in America right now. It is a shame that this is how he chose to act.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 9:03 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• not at all. to each his own.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 9:09 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• It makes me question his intelligence, but I was never much sold on that to begin with.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:11 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Disappointed? No. Not surprised either. He's the boy gone wild from fame and now fortune. He's an immature young person that is getting so much attention in the media and so many handouts from companies that benefit from his face and name, and has more money than he knows what to do with.

lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 9:12 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• It makes me wonder looking at the answers how many liberals think smoking pot is ok vs how many conservatives but I guess its self explanatory LOL. Im a conservative and simply believe in following the laws this country has and think people who choose to smoke pot are killing their brain cells, so to me they are stupid people I dont respect. Including Phelps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I am disappointed in him. I am disappointed in any actor/actress....athelete , community leader or parent who sets poor examples. Our children learn what they live and see around them. Mom and Dad are giant influences...but they aren't the only ones.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:16 AM on Feb. 2, 2009