How do you deal with sexual abuse that happened when you were a kid?

I was sexually abused by my brother when I was 6. I thought I dealt with it, but latly I cant stop thinking about it, and I have to see my brother a lot latly, I've been feeling so much hate and anger towerds him latly, I thought I let all that go a long time ago, but apparently I didn't, I don't know how to deal with these feelings..Can anyone give me advicce?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Health

• maybe i can help i was molested as a kids by my step father i blocked it out and three yrs ago i remember it everything i was angry i wanted to kill him yes really did but what would have that gotten me no were when was the last time you talk to your brother? you need to sit in a room with you brother and talk to him tell him how you FEEL tell him that you hate him if you do get your feelings out i had to do it on my own by myself and you know what it made me stronger he cant hurt me anymore that is what you have to tell your self he cant hurt you anymore i hope i help some
    Anonymous

• You should probably seek some counseling
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• The only way you will ever be completely free is to choose to forgive him. I had to do it over and over again, and eventually I found that those feelings of anger and all the rest were gone. The relative who did it to me was a cousin, and he never asked for forgiveness. I see him only every now and then, and I always thing about what he did to me, but the anger and bitterness are gone. It might also help you to tell someone else about what happened. I never told anyone for years and years. I think that by expressing your feelings to someone else, healing begins to take place. I think you have to consider that whoever you decide to tell may not believe you, so be very careful about that. I also would not rule out talking directly to him and telling him how what he did to you has affected your life. Again, you will need to be careful and only you can decide.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:30 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I wished I had words of advice. I was molested when I was only 2 mos. old. My mom was letting me "air out" because I had a bad diaper rash. I was laying on the floor on my blanket and when she went to to get her some coffee, she heard me crying and rushed in the living room and found my 15 yr. old cousin putting his finger in me. my mom took me the er because of course I was bleeding, and had my cousin arrested and guess what my cousin's side of the family got mad at my mom for pressing charges. ugg. I sometimes blame my mom, but then I think how would she have known what was going to happen. I hate my cousin for what he did.
    Anonymous

• I was really young when I was molested by my father,was seven or eight yrs old, this continued through till I was old enough to drive,my mom was very abusive growing up,and she hated me with a passion,she alwasy told she wanted a boy,and it hurt. The abuse was so bad I ran away from home and also ended up in a foster home with bruises from head to toe. I t was scary when i seen my mom and dad come to collect me I didnt want to go back home I think I was 10 at the time,my foster parents didnt know i was molested by my father either,I kept it a secret why I dont know. In fact I feel guilty that I let it continue till I was in my late teens,I dint know what I should do and I did nt want my family seperated. My dad died the day he tried to get me again he had a heart attack.And I cried I know its weird,its part of the grieving and forgiving process. YOu NEED to forgive. I'm not saying you have to love the person but it helps..
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 9:30 PM on Feb. 2, 2009