LUMP IN BREAST

O.K. Last night I was feeling my right breast and found a lump. I made a Dr. appointment and tommorrow's the soonest they have. My question is did anyone ever feel a lump and it turned out to be nothing? Do I have to worry? I just don't know. Thank you.

elainecat

Asked by elainecat at 9:36 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Health

• Most lumps are benign, however, the risk is too great to take a chance. I used to have ovarian cysts, and after my hysterectomy, have had a few in my breasts. My MIL had them also. Don't panic, and since you have been doing breast exams, and you've caught it fast, even if it is bad news, there are so many treatments.

Before EVER considering a mastectomy, God forbid if a doctor recommends it, I do recommend going and getting a second opinion, from a younger, female doctor, who will go a mile further than the traditional "man in his 50's" doctor. Good luck, and prayers are with you!
    sizesmith

Answer by sizesmith at 9:39 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Yeah,I felt something and was in pain. DId you lift anything heavy? I pulled a muscle underneath my breast once . Just stay calm and let the doctor know all the details and take it from there. GL. You're such a sweetie, be strong.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 9:56 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I can feel a lump by my ovary and they said it was nothing.
    peppermintmocha

Answer by peppermintmocha at 12:54 PM on Feb. 2, 2009