Did you get the things your registered for your baby shower?

even some of the expensive stuff? Is it rude to list some expensive things on there??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• List everything you want! Espcially if it's at BabiesRus or Target because some stores will give you a percentage off anything that isn't bought for your shower. I think it's like 10% off. I got almost everything I registered for including a Travel System Stroller, video monitor, PackNPlay, Highchair, and so many other things! It's not rude at all. I felt weird at first, especially since it was mostly my husband's family that was coming to the shower, but I knew my parents and siblings would want to get me something more on the expensive side. I hope you get the things you need!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Definitely put whatever you want on there. Sometimes a few people will get together and go in on the more expensive items.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:57 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i got almost everything. i got a crib, a glider (which i didnt even registered for), i got my cirb matress, a stoller carseat combo. i got pretty much everything but a highchair.
    mamaof2boys148

Answer by mamaof2boys148 at 10:12 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I got a lot of things I registered for. I don't think it's rude at all to put big items on there. Close relatives might get them for you. I registered at Target. A few weeks before your due date Target sends out a 10% off card so you can buy items off your register that you didn't get. I put just about everything I needed on the register and bought what was left on it after the shower.
    kaosgirly8403

Answer by kaosgirly8403 at 10:51 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I got everything that I registered for, but we bought the furniture, play yard, and the travel system ourselves. I know this sounds horrible, but I also told everyone not to buy clothes. MIL and I both had already bought a ton of clothes, and everyone was okay with it. I only got clothes from older relatives. It was great, I loved my shower, except that it was mid June and like 90 degrees.
    AM78

Answer by AM78 at 10:52 AM on Feb. 2, 2009