What could my dd have??

About a week or so ago, she came down with a cough. It was a wet sounding cough, and had a slight temp. For awhile know she has been telling me her tummy hurts. She is eating fine, drinking everything like that. The cough now is more frequent then it was, and its starting to wake her up and interfere with her sleeping habits. Its dry, hacking sounding. She says her head hurts and points to her temple or her forehead. She is not running a temp, and she is acting ok, eating, drinking and so on. I have no med coverage on her cause the fucking state is dragging its heels and taking forever to getting back with me. Our medicaid will pick up whatever ER bills bills I rack up. But sometimes they will not pay a bill if they think the child didn't need to go to the ER. But the private clinic can deny me if I have no coverage for her. Its a catch 22. But this stuff has been going on for awhile, and I do not know what to do. I try and get a hold of the caseworker, but I get no response. I thought Obamacare was supposed to end this kinda shit? Or at least tone it down or whatever? I am getting frustrated, pissed off, and concerned that something is wrong and there is nothing I can do about it. A girl across the street got denied food assistance because she makes $21 to much a month. I wish our state would go over their qualification procedures. That hasn't happened in the last 4 yrs and the price of food has gone drastically these 4 yrs!! I am wondering if we will be denied cause of the new truck my husband got when his dad died. Its 2011 Silverado truck real nice, and his dad gave it to him. Damn it this sucks! Any idea ladies? What could my daughter have?

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:28 PM on Jul. 10, 2012 in Kids' Health

• Sounds like post nasal drip MM. Have you tried Children's Benydryl at bedtime? Maybe elevate her pillow.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:14 AM on Jul. 11, 2012

• Wonder if it's allergies?
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 11:39 PM on Jul. 10, 2012

• I was going to say the same thing as brawny. Or irritants in the air. Is she only coughing when she lies down now? If so it could be nasal drainage..
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:45 PM on Jul. 10, 2012

• ditto the allergies. try childrens claritin, or a generic (follow the directions on the package - 5 mg a day). my 7 year old gets the same way every year but the claritin takes care of it as long as we do not forget a dose.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 12:28 AM on Jul. 11, 2012

• It could be also that she's swallowing some of the junk from her nose and throat, and that will upset a delicate tummy every time. Encourage her to blow her nose or even spit stuff out instead of swallowing it. If she'll let you, elevate her pillow in bed.

It's stories like this that make me terrified of what Obamacare will mean to us all.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:17 AM on Jul. 11, 2012

• Do you have FS? If you do you can get http://www.traditionalmedicinals.com/

They have a varity of products that can help the kid until you're able to get medicine (if it is allergies). Also tea with honey will help coat the throat and the steam with open the sinus cavities. A netti pot (you can do homemade with boiled then cooled water) will flush out toxins. http://www.neti-netti-pot.com/homemade-neti-pot.html

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:42 AM on Jul. 11, 2012

• Yep, I have allergies and when I blow my nose, it comes out the color you described. And if it runs down my throat, it'll make me feel sick. So, I make sure I blow my nose, never sniff when it feels clogged. I use a neti pot to help clear it out too, and that does wonders for it. Give her extra water to drink, too - it'll help thin out whatever secretions are in there, which will not only help her breathe better and stop coughing, but also might help with the upset stomach.

Also, if her temple or forehead hurts, it might be her sinuses, too. If you press your finger just above her nose, between her eyebrows, it can sometimes help. I'm not sure exactly how it works, but I've done it before and it does. It's not a permanent solution, but it's something you can do until you get meds, if it helps her.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:16 AM on Jul. 11, 2012

• I thought allergies also, but when she blows her nose, its yellow with greenish tint. And she coughs all the time. Its just more when she lays down.
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 12:00 AM on Jul. 11, 2012

• I am so relieved! I can do allergies! lol But we have nothing for right now cause of severe lack of money! But dh gets paid friday so I can get her some then., Thank you all so much!
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 12:41 AM on Jul. 11, 2012

• I know it Ballad....it sucks! I never had any allergies, just occasional sinus problems. Allergies are a new one on me. My dh has had them all his life. Poor baby...both of them!
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 2:04 AM on Jul. 11, 2012