I need some ideas....

My sons first b-day is coming up and I need some ideas. I wanna have it at my house to save some money. I was wondering if people had some ideas for food and activities for about 50 people that won't be way too expensive. I appreciate any help.

HuntersMom4908

Asked by HuntersMom4908 at 9:58 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Pizza always works! Or baked ziti. For a first birthday, at home, just hang out with friends and fam. We didn't plan any activities.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:04 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• You can get an inexpensive sheet cake that is yummy from Costco or what ever your grocery store is. For the meal you could do trays of pasta and meatballs or sausage and peppers. THose are easy to make large batches. Also, I enjoy parties that just have lots of dips and appetizers followed by cake.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:47 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I'd do it between meals so you don't have to serve a full-out meal - save $$ there. Chips & dip, lil smokies, veggie tray, fruit, whatever finger foods you enjoy, and of course cake & ice cream. I've started making my kids cakes (nothing pretty, but they taste better) to save money - I made my son's 1st b-day cakes for roughly $3.50 - for the mixes & frosting. We've always done parties in our backyard, or in my IL's back room (all-seasons room kind of thing) if the weather wasn't nice. We've never planned activities, our parties have always been just close family - grandpas & grandmas, aunts & uncles (child's, not ours), and cousins). Wal-Mart has some cute party supplies for cheap, I've always gotten my stuff there.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 11:49 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• My daughters first birthday party was at home. We hired a clown and just cooked burgers and hotdogs. I made a big mac salad and some beans. Pretty cheap and lots of fun
    pattigioeli

Answer by pattigioeli at 12:23 PM on Feb. 2, 2009