Why did you want to become a mom?

Just curious. For me, it is hard to put into words, but I wanted to become a mom so that I can share my life and experiences in life with my child and be able to teach and guide them. Sometimes, if I am having a really hard day with my son, I try to look back at my reasons to become a mom and it makes a much easier day. So, why did you become a mom?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 10:05 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in General Parenting

• I wanted to be a parent because I had a desire to parent a child. And by parent I mean to provide a child with love, support, guidance, and the necessities of life. I knew my husband and I had the patience, time, and resources to provide a child with a loving home and stable parents. So we adopted and another expectant mother saw in us those qualities in us - and now we have our son. Parent is also a verb not just a noun. It takes action as well as having the desire and feelings. I make that commitment every morning he wakes up and every night when he goes to bed to be his parent in action and in words. I became a parent to share my world with him.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:26 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I wanted to adopt or birth children, at the very least nurture them in some way in a job or volunteer work. I knew I was a better human than my family told me I was when I was growing up, if I was blessed with children - I am blessed, I given birth to 3 children - I knew I would raise children up to be better in selfesteem than how my parents raised me and still treat me. My children are teens and older and my success as a mom has been proven over and over by their own successes and they way they deal with setback and gain back their strength.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I wanted to be able to judge other mothers for making different choices from me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i wanted to become a mother when i was 18 and in my senior year, because i was with my now hubby who i loved so much, i never really discussed having a baby with my ex's but for some reason i did with my now hubby.

we just got really excited to make one so we did. now i have 4 with him.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:17 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• You took the words right out of my mouth :)

I am an older mom compared to you ladies on here CM.

I wanted to get my career out of the way then start a family and I am very happy I did.

I have a 5 and 7 year old and I am 45 years old I am glad in away I waited I have all the patients and alot of time. The reason...is the same as you had said above. I love it I would not change that for anything.school bus

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:18 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Sorry for the joke above. I couldn't help myself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• well to tell you the truth i didnt want kids. i always wanted 4 growing up but then my older sisters had 8 boys and i raised 5 outta the 8. so i had my kids. my sisters youngest 2 are now 4 and 5 1/2. i had both of them from the time they were born. she worked and her DH is a dead beat(never had a job). So i had her kids all the time. i would get them at 3 on school days and have them till 6am(when i left for school). in the summer i would have them for weeks at a time(i never minded). they were my boys and i loved having them. well to get back on subject, i had my kids and didnt want any of my own. Well i got pg (now BC and with a condom) and i wasnt very excited about it until i had my ultrasound at 20 weeks. After my son was born DF and i deicied that he was all we wanted. (DF is an only child) well Jackson (our first) was about 11months when we found out we were having baby #2. Another Boy Hunter Derik. Now we r kinnda.
    mamaof2boys148

Answer by mamaof2boys148 at 10:41 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• cont. wanting to have another in a couple yrs. WE WANT A GIRL.........lol
    mamaof2boys148

Answer by mamaof2boys148 at 10:42 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• well i didnt plan on becomming a mommy when i did he was an oppsy baby but i decided to have him and keep him because i love him from the moment i knew i was pregnant i loved him. sometimes when he gets upset and looks at me like MOMMY solve my preblem !!! i remind him that i have only been a mommy as long as he has been a baby and we are both new at this i know he dosent understadn it but saying it makes me feal better sometimes we as women think we were born to be mothers were not we learn to be mothers after we give bith
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 10:48 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I wanted to become a mom because that's circle of life. My parents are finished raising me, and now it is my turn to teach and guide the next generation into adulthood.
    MommyAddie

Answer by MommyAddie at 11:22 AM on Feb. 2, 2009