Falling when pregnant?

I fell this morning, but i landed on my butt pretty hard, just wondering if i should call my dr.? Im almost 37 wks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Call just to be sure. You are most likely fine but the doc may want to evaluate you.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:14 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• they always say with any type of fall to call your doctor! better safe than sorry! I'm sure its okay, but just to be on the safe side! good luck
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 10:25 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I would call to be on the safe side. Since it was on your butt I think you would be ok. The baby probably didn't notice. I have fallen so many time during my pregnancies. I am a huge klutz. My first pregnancy I fell flat on my stomach at 4 months. I freaked out really bad but the doctor told me the baby was still cushioned very well because the baby was still low. I have also fallen about 3 times with this baby. One time I had just found out and I fell down the last step of my stairs and twisted my ankle. Another time I was 3 months and slipped and fell on my butt in the mall. The floors were wet from rain. Then about a month ago I slipped in my kitchen and fell on my butt. It never hurts to call the doctor and find out though. I have been fine ever time I have fallen so I believe you will be too. Good luck with the baby.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 10:25 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Call to be on the safe side, but baby is pretty well cushioned in there so don't stress over it.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:12 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I would suggest calling but I will tell you that when I was 10 weeks pregnant my 13 year old brother kicked me VERY hard in the abdomen (behavioral problems) and it made me fly across the room and fall into a chair.

I went to the ER because I started spotting and they said my uterus was brused. About 8 months later I delivered a healthy baby girl and the kick did not complicate my pregnacy or hurt my baby. They are well cushioned in there. BUT to be on the safe side I would go in to be examined.
    miasmommy21407

Answer by miasmommy21407 at 11:23 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i would go get checked last year around christmas time i was about 11-12 weeks pregnant and slipped on ice on my stomach, they said i should be fine because i wasn't that far along, a day later i started bleeding on christmas day and lost the baby. I would go in and call.
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 12:26 PM on Feb. 2, 2009