should u have another baby shower....

16 months after the first? i didnt but friends of mine did. i understand having a babyshower 3-4yr later.(everything changes so fast) or having one if u have a boy then a girl. but what if they r both boys or both girls. i dont think its right. but thats just me. what do you think?

mamaof2boys148

Asked by mamaof2boys148 at 10:16 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Just for Fun

• The baby shower is to celebrate the baby. I think each baby deserves on no matter how close they are.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:18 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I see nothing wrong with maybe having a diaper shower. Where people bring diapers and wipes to the shower. Every baby is special and should be celebrated in one way or another. Even if you just get together for a lunch or something.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 10:19 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I don't really have an opinion either way. I think it used to be frowned upon. But times have changed so either way.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:20 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i had a 2 baby showers not because i had them years apart, but because both were put on with 2 different sides of the family.

the first one, was put on by my aunt and the second one was put on by my hubby's sister's.

it was only appropriate because it was put on by different sides of the family, when i had the second one, none of my family showed up, guess they felt the first one was enough, but the first one no one on my hubby 's side was invited as i didnt know them very well.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:25 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• oh i had 4 kids by then and the two showers were for 2 different kids
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:27 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i just think its rude asking ppl to buy things for your baby twice.
    mamaof2boys148

Answer by mamaof2boys148 at 10:45 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I don't like the idea of two showers regardless of the gender. I think that major things (swing, crib, bouncer, etc.) should be got in gender neutral if you plan to have more kids. I can't imagine wasting my money or someone else's on a new swing, in a different color. Unless it has been like 10 or more years since you had a baby then you should be reusing a lot of what you have.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I think if someone wants to give her another shower then that is their decision, and you are not obligated to go or bring a gift ever when invited to any function in my opinion. I think if she is giving herself another shower then that is a little greedy, but I am not here to judge her!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 11:14 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• well yeah...the showers i had were 8 years apart, things get old.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I Had One With My Daughter 11 Years Ago, Didn't Have One With Any Of The others But I Am Thinking About Having One This Time.
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 10:43 PM on Feb. 2, 2009