Molluscum Cantagiosum

my 5 year old has had these bumpes on her that will not go away. I have taken her to dermatoigists 3 times to get them removed, they just keep comimg back!
Any ideas MOMS?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My son had them. What his ped told me was that the removal spreads the virus or bacteria (can't remember which it was) that causes the bumps, which would cause more bumps, and that it was better to leave them alone. He told us to make sure that hands were washed after touching them, and to just leave them alone. Have you only seen dermatologists or have you taken her to her ped? If you haven't gone to her ped, I'd do that and see what they say, b/c the dermatologist might be treating them as something completely different than what they actually are. Oh, and my son did finally have one that turned red and got bigger than the rest, then it popped on it's own and all the goo came out (sorry, I know it's gross) and after that, all the bumps went away. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:40 AM on Feb. 2, 2009