Did you hear this?

I just received this e-mail. I did go to snopes.com and it is true. please be careful.

There is a new virus entitled "Obama Acceptance Speech", "Amazing Speech by Obama" or it may have various subject lines. Please DO NOT open it! This particular virus steals all passwords and user IDs.

The emails may appear to be from legitimate news sources, and will try to lure you into clicking on a link that will lead you to a malicious website, or opening an infected video clip or attachment.

Please click on the link for more information: http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/obamaspeech.asp. If you do not feel comfortable clicking on the link, simply go to snopes.com and enter "Obama Acceptance Speech" in the search engine for more information.

ny.chica

Asked by ny.chica at 10:28 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Thanks! I don't open any emails like that anyway, but good to know.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:29 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I wouldnt open it anyway. Obama doesnt interest me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• anon who cares? obviously this post didn't apply to you. take your negative crap somewhere else
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 10:40 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• perhaps you should practice what you preach
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Thanks a lot, ny.chica. Always gotta be one smart alec on the post, huh?
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 10:41 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Trolls. They're only good in kids movies.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:43 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• lol DusterMommy... so true. and anon ofcourse. no guts.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 10:45 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• This was an importnt message. There are too many people who aren't aware of the possibility of a virus in e-mails and too many have their identities stolen. Please don't bash this poster-she is doing us a favor by telling us. You can never be too careful on the Internet.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:46 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Lindalu2 glad my message was useful to some. Really anon just find courage to post stupidity behind that non ? bull....
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 10:48 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Well, ny.chica..There will be some hater out there who opens it and then gets affected by the virus. Then they can blame Obama for it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:43 AM on Feb. 2, 2009