Another stimulus question...

Okay I do my own taxes through Turbo tax. I was just messing around with it lastnight. I did my return with and without the stimulus money. Without the stimulus money there was an increase of $1,000 more than with. Why is that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• Because you dont get money for nothing. It wasnt free money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• It did not affect mine.
    Anonymous

• You must not make enough to pay taxes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• 75,000 is what we made, tyvm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Then you didnt get a stimulus check tyvm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I was just asking a simple question. No need to argue with eachother about stupid shit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• UM yes we did, miss know it all, It was 2400 so don't be so hateful and jealous. OP, take it to a professional.

Anonymous

• I was told it was NOT to affect you at all.......i would double check!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Something is wrong there. I'm not sure how the software is handling it. Did you add it in as "taxable income" or was there in input screen asking for questions? The only thing I can think of is if you didn't get the right amount last year, then you get it this year. It's possible that when you take the amount out, the software assume you did not receive a rebate check last year and is giving you credit for that. See what prints out when you print the return. If page one income is higher b/c of the rebate, then there is something wrong with the input of the software. Best bet is to call Turbo Tax and see if they can explain it.
    Anonymous

• Because the program is set up to assume that you didn't get the stimulus. So when you enter the stimulus amount in it decreases, and if you didn't get the full amount, then you will receive it. But you are NOT being taxed or penalized in any way for getting the stimulus check in 2008.
    Anonymous