Anyone have gallbladder issues...

I was sick a month or so ago, and to give me antibiotics, they had to take blood to make sure I wasnt' pg... they went ahead and ran my blood for everything. My billiruben came back 3 X the normal levels. Retested and my liver function was more than 2X still. He said I prob need to get my gb taken out. So I went to the GI specialist about two weeks ago and he ordered more blood and an ultrasound(and was more concerned about my liver). Saturday night after I ate dinner, I had some discomfort when breathing in my lower right side of my back. I just thought maybe I ate too much. Woke up yesterday and it was still hurting... and last night some sharp shooting pains. This morning I feel sore and tender in that area and I can't get a hold of the nurse and the receptionist can't talk to me bc she's not a nurse. What do I do... do I try and make an appt for today or do I just wait it out until Wednesday... how was your pain.

LuccasMommy

Asked by LuccasMommy at 11:00 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Health

• I had gall stones, that resulted in pancreatitis, which is very, very painful. My pain was right below my breasts. Now my mom had gall stones and her pain was in her back, right in the middle of her shoulder blades. The gall bladder is located in the upper abdomen. I don't know if the gall bladder can cause pain in the lower back, but anything is possible. I would go ahead and make an appointment though. Something is wrong. And usually the gall bladder would act up after a meal.
    jenlenr

Answer by jenlenr at 11:10 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I did have gall bladder issues a couple of yrs ago, but after suffering with the pain for MANY years, it got so bad, I ended up in the ER! The dr said I had over 10 gall stones and it was VERY infected, and I was VERY lucky they didnt burst, cause I could have died. I had severe back pain like thro my bra area, and pain under my boobs. HORRIBLE pain i NEVER want to experience again! My gall bladder would act up after I ate anything greasy...... popcorn actually was what sent me to the ER tho Good luck!
    momoftwinstwice

Answer by momoftwinstwice at 11:47 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I also had gallstone pancreatitis like the first poster. It hurt like hell. I thought that i was just having a normal attack one night. The pain never went away. It felt like i was having a heart attack. All my attacks resulted in pain all threw my pack and under my breasts. Sometimes the pain made it hard to breathe. I had the attacks all threw my pregnancy.
    myangel21

Answer by myangel21 at 2:28 PM on Feb. 2, 2009