Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

Nys and assistance.

So my mom wants to sign her house over to my fiancé and I. I'm wondering how that works on Foodstamps since its usually a renter thing. I still make the same income, and nothing but the amount we pay has changed. Any idea how that works??

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2012 in Home & Garden

Answers (10)
  • You mean what will happen when you stop listing "rent" as an expense since you won't be having a mortgage in its place? Unless your utilities or taxes exceed what you were spending to rent, your food benefits will be reduced or eliminated.

    Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 8:17 PM on Jul. 11, 2012

  • I would NEVER sign over anything I own to anyone - there is NO ONE I trust that much.

    Answer by booklover545 at 4:13 PM on Jul. 15, 2012

  • Your mom should not sign over the house until the two of you are married. All sorts of trouble can come out of the "fiancee" scenario.

    Answer by tasches at 5:45 PM on Jul. 12, 2012

  • You will need to reprot the changes to your caseworker immediately.

    Answer by Dardenella at 9:18 PM on Jul. 20, 2012

  • We live in Central NY btw.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2012

  • You mother is a nimwit if she signs her house over to her fiance,, he could sell it, make her move whatever,, she should sell the house if she can't afford it,, I am sorry your question wasn't that clear,, I am trying to understand the foodstamp/house signing over connection?

    Answer by kimigogo at 7:53 PM on Jul. 11, 2012

  • Ok my fiancé and I have been together for 8 years... What my family is decided to do really isn't any of your opinions. I posted asking a specific question and only one person answered with relevance. The first answer doesn't even make sense... She's signing it over to ME AND MY FIANCÉE...I am almost 30 years old...I don't think you understand my question so. I'll reiterate :: I am acquiring a house, no longer renting...can I list a mortgage and still get assistance for my daughter ? Please refrain from giving me your personal opinions because i don't care. I have a three year old, and am expecting, I think what my Mother has decided to do, I am deserving of...she's trying to save us the hassle of looking and waiting for a closing etc...

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:41 PM on Jul. 17, 2012

  • Has**

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:42 PM on Jul. 17, 2012

  • She no longer wants the house, she is retiring and wants to leave the signing over the house would eliminate her having anymore to do with ties here in NYS... Signing over means my fiancé and I would be mortgaging and financing the hous as OURS, so whether we decide to make it into our dream home for 40 yrs or sell it in 5, wouldn't be any of her concern bc the house would no longer be hers or in her personal assets...

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:44 PM on Jul. 17, 2012

  • Btw THANK YOU mom 2 3, you are the ONLY one who Gave me any bit of a relevant answer.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:45 PM on Jul. 17, 2012

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.