Dealing with a miscarriage.

I had a miscarriage last night and i'm not sure what to do now. I'm bleeding now and they didn't tell me anything as far as what i'm supposed to do. The doctor just told me to rest. But i can't sleep or just lay around cause then I start thinking about it. The dad knows, and we just haven't really talked about it. I mean we were only talking because of the baby and now we have nothing to say to each other. I mean I just don't know what to do now. I feel like i've lost a part of me.

sarapurser

Asked by sarapurser at 11:24 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• oh Hun I am so sorry for you i know its hard u need to rest tho if really bad call your doctor he may be able to give u some pills to help and support is good
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 11:27 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I think you pretty much just let everything pass. I am not sure how long your bleed or anything but you can always call your doctor and ask. I had a missed miscarriage and I had a D&C done. My body never bled until after the D&C because before the miscarriage my body just thought i was still pregnant. I am so sorry for your loss and will pray for you. It is very hard to deal with but if you have friends to help you through it will make things better. Feel free to pm me. I will be glad to talk with you.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:28 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Honey you did lose part of yourself...you lost your baby. I'm not going to say "It'll be OK" because it never will but it will get better.

If your not able to sleep or function after a couple of days I would call your OBGYN or Midwife for a referal to a counsler. Many people think that because it was the first trimester or because it was so early it doesn't hurt as bad and that is flat out not true.

Keep your head up and keep people around you for support. OH and just a little tip...Mother's Day is the hardest so stay strong and keep people around you then too.

OH and join one of the Miscarriage Support groups here on CM. These ladies are wonderful and can tell you what to expect and how to deal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Feb. 2, 2009