What happens when you wear?

An exercise belt the one with the velcro on it and that helps you sweat while working out or just moving around the house (I am trying to atleast suck in my tummy) with this belt. I am doing some abs workouts.
I even sleep with it at first it feels not so comfy but I think of how in the long run it will help me to hold my belly in. My question is what if I sweat alittle and just take it off to shower where does the sweat go? does it go back in my skin? or did I atleast loose something in that area. Let's say I have it on all day am I ok?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Health

• sweating isnt going to make you lose weight. eating less and exercising more will. some belt isnt going to really help you. and yeah if the sweat is "in" the belt then its just festering there and getting icky and rubbing bacteria back on your skin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Hey if you want a good way to lose weight try going on a diabetic diet. It sounds weird, but it works like crazy as long as you do exactly as a diabetic would have to. Its a major bummer to change your whole diet, but in the end you start eating healthier just because of the fact that you learn more and realize more things. Just a suggestion ^_^
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 11:44 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Sweating only makes you lose water weight. As soon as you eat/drink/ or go without the belt for a day, the weight comes back. I agree with deahlilly, diabetic diet is a VERY effective method for losing weight. But there really isn't such a thing as a "diet." It is a lifestyle change. You can still have that ice cream or that burger once in a while (in fact it is better for your morale if you do, thus more likely to keep you on your "diet") as long as you limit it. The best method? Eat smaller portions (palm of hand rule) watch the fat content and calories, avoid diet drinks (they actually make weight lost harder) and opt for the OCCASIONAL soda. If you really like carbonation, add club soda/'soda water to a favorite juice or mix in crystal lite. Get some exercise, heavy at least 4 times a week, but strive for a small walk or something each day. Take little steps (stairs instead of elevator, walk up to the mail
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 3:10 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• box instead of picking up your mail as you drive up your drive way. Lift some light weights a couple of times a week, or even take up yoga or pilates (yoga is great for stress relief, and if I can do it at 240lbs and out do some of the skinny girls, anyone can do it!) But most of all allow little splurges once in a while. Its ok to go to eat unhealthy once in a while. Don't go to a restaurant and order a salad...get those fried shrimp and french fries. Just limit how often you go out!
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 3:12 PM on Feb. 2, 2009