Those spray tanning places!?

Okay so My husband just found out that he has to start working 12 hour days and 8 hour saturdays for like 6 months with his job :(
I wanted to start tanning but I have six kids so... the tanning place closes at 7pm and that is when hubby should be getting home.. or later idk yet.
Has anyone tried those spray tan salons?
Does it make you turn orange?
is it worth the money!?
How long does the fake tan stuff last!?
I work out at the Gym everyday and all the women are already tanning.. I look like a white ghost!!

KylonsMom

Asked by KylonsMom at 11:32 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I tried the spray tan once and I smelled like cup-o-soup for days!!! Even after a lot of showers I still smelled. I haven't done it again. It didn't take that long either.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 11:40 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I hate all tanning just because everyone does it to look healthy when in the long run they will turn to leather. But the spray tan depends on how your skin absorbs the glucerin in it or something like that. My sil is into all that for a living so I asked her and she said the first time it will start to fade within about 2 weeks but if you keep up on it, it should hold a lot better as you go?
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 11:42 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Ugh, I hated the spray on tan. Maybe others have had better experiences than i had but...it wasn't so much the color, I went to a pretty high-end place and the color was actually nice, but it streaked sooo easy and it smelled bad. I guess if someone has time to just let it dry fully maybe it would be worth it but if you have six kids I'm guessing you clean up a lot of spills, do a lot of laundry, etc... i wouldn't personally do it again but see if more tanning savvy ladies had better experiences :)
    gretch81

Answer by gretch81 at 11:44 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I tried Mystic tan at Darque Tan. I had a great outcome, I am pale and burn bad so tanning beds are not a great idea for me. I had the spray tan done in a booth. It was nice not dark enough first but next time I went better. You have to exfoliate before and lotion up afterwards it makes it last longer and no streaks. Also wait few hours before bathing after you get it. My last a week and at that place it is $20 for 4 visits. I choose when I go and they open till 9 pm where I live. Google it you may have one close to you. Good luck!!
    leovirgo_mom3

Answer by leovirgo_mom3 at 12:51 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• thanks! I was worried it smelled and would streak!!...
    KylonsMom

Answer by KylonsMom at 1:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2009