When do you get a shower??

Most mornings I try to get my shower in before the kids get up, but sometimes that doesn't happen....do you think it's ok to take a shower while my 2 1/2 year old daughter watches a movie?? I have done this a couple times our bathroom is by the living room and I leave the door open so I can hollar out at her to check on her & so she can come in and talk to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think thats fine. I usually take mine at night when everyone goes to bed. I just like it better for me because I feel like Im washing the day off and can relax after a nice hot shower knowing the kids are in bed and all that.

Answer by gemgem at 11:54 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• if she has that kind of attention span go for it! I usually have to put the baby in her crib or at her highchair with a snack and take my 2 1/2 y/o in the shower with me. She's so busy she won't hold still for too long. Plus as soon as she hears the water running in the bathroom she's running that way and excitedly screaming "showy showy"
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 11:55 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I do the same thing. I put in a movie then take a shower. I leave the door open and then listen out for my son. Of course he usually ends up in the bathroom about 10 times asking me if I am done yet.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 11:56 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Only you know your child...Do what you think is good for you or just put her in a play pen atleast you know she will be in there for awhile just make sure nothing is around it so she may climb out. Just until you are done. GLkissing

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:59 AM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I used to try and get my shower over with before my daughter got up but she wakes up between 5-7 so that's not happening! I tend to turn on cartoons and jump in and she's almost 2.
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 12:02 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• When I just had one and he was that little, I just bathed with him. Saved water and that way he was supervised during my shower and during his. Now that I have older children I feel comfortable leaving them briefly in charge of the littles ones while I take a quick shower.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:08 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Yep. My 20 month old either watches cartoons or plays in his room while I shower. Both rooms are baby proof and have babygates so he cant get out. He does fine.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 1:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I try to take my shower before my son wakes up, but that does not always happen. I used to set him in playard while I showered, but lately I have been leaving him in our childproof living room and close off doors so he can't go anywhere else in the house. He is content to sit & watch Diego or Sesame Street or Wonder Pets (they seem to hold his attn. the best). My showers are very quick and as soon as I am out, I go check on him & let him hang out w/me in my bedroom while I get dressed.
    Anonymous

• Me & DD take a shower together... OR I take one at night when DH is home... If i do take a shower alone, when she is awake. I put the babygate up & clothes doors, so all she can do is come to the bathroom with me, or play in her room.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 1:28 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Absolutely! I have 2 yr old twins and I pop in a DVD so I can go grab a shower just about every day (some days I shower the night before).

As long as you know that she can't get hurt (as in you've baby proofed the area), pop a DVD in and jump in the shower. Just make it a quick one. I'd save the meticulous grooming/pampering type stuff for the evening when she's in bed or someone else is home.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 1:33 PM on Feb. 2, 2009