New puppy :o)

Our dog, we believe was stolen from our yard last summer. I have had a tough time with it because she was my baby and one of the "kids". She was also excellent with the kids and went everywhere with me. My husband just took us over the weekend to look at a puppy, we put a deposit down on him. I really want this pup, I think he will bring us some much needed happiness, but I also feel guilty because our other dog is still missing. I feel like I am doing something wrong by being happy about the new puppy. How would you feel?? Please no bashing though, our pets are members of our family and we take good care of each and everyone of them :o)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Pets

• im the same way with my pets (not that i have any at the moment). i think its time for your family to get another dog and be happy about it. you have grieved for your lost dog for long enough and now i think its time to bring some happiness back in. :D
    Anonymous

• I agree with anonymous. I am sorry to hear you lost your puppy. Pets bring us so much joy into our lives.

Share your love with this new little puppy. share some pictures of your new pup!
    blujeanlady62

Answer by blujeanlady62 at 1:25 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• i agree w the other 2...its been a whole year..think of it this way, your dog is probably in a good home..even though he was stolen.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 2:04 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Enjoy your new pup (you will never forget the old one) Loving the puppy won't mean you wouldn't still love the other there's room in your heart for two.
    Eddy_G

Answer by Eddy_G at 5:33 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Just think positive thoughts about the other dog. Don't think of the new puppy as a replacement, maybe as a companion for the other dog, if he happens to return to you.
    JenO1818

Answer by JenO1818 at 1:09 PM on Feb. 3, 2009

• We moved from WI to WA and we had to leave our dog behind...she's staying with my family.But we really wanted a dog for the kids.They really miss her...we will get her back soon.But we ended up getting a new pup...we have a female rottie back in WI and we got a male rottie here in WA.We just couldn't bring her with us(in the army and didn't have a house yet when we left WI...had to stay on the on base motel till we got our house...now just have to wait till my bro can drive her here when he goes to CA..it'll cost us around $2000 to fly her here!!)I really miss her but she's doing good.Don't feel bad...if the pup makes you happy it's ok.Plus someone might find your other dog and then you'll be extra happy with 2 dogs!!LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Feb. 4, 2009