This is silly, but I'm upset!

So the other day my husband and I were talking and I asked him if he'd still be friends with me if we divorced. He said no! We didn't really talk about it, but I've been thinking about it and I'm kind of upset! Lol. Any body else thought about this? I know its kinda weird, but my mind just went there!

mambearwhitt4

Asked by mambearwhitt4 at 11:58 AM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Relationships

• why wouldnt he be? ask him!! just because you asked this i asked my husband and mine said no as well! JERK :)
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 4:31 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• You can see it as a good thing because he would be upset to be divorced with you. I wouldnt be upset, I would be glad he still talks to me after a question like that.
    Anonymous

• I would still hope to be friends with my Dh is that happened because if you are not friends it would be harder for the kids. They would pick up on it.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 12:00 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• lol my husband and I have had the same conversation. He says depends on what caused the divorce but he would always love me so he would have a hard time to be just friends. I am so lucky.
    taylorsmommy00

Answer by taylorsmommy00 at 12:00 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• My ex husband and I are friends . You kinda have to be especially if u have kids together !
    katherine4

Answer by katherine4 at 12:01 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I feel ya on this one. I became pregnant and got engaged. However as time went on I decided I didnt want to just get married because I was having a baby, because even though I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him long before finding out I was expecting, I wouldnt of been planning a wedding had I not gotten pregnant. That said, here I am today with a 13 month old and still not planning a wedding nor am I a planning to begin planning anytime soon. And thank god I waited because I had a similar conversation with my fiance months ago about this topic. And he said no, and has different times before in fights jumped on how hed take her away from me, blah blah blah, and that was when I was truly thankful for following my instincts on waiting. Because I cant marry someone that I have a baby with that would not be able to be an adult n remain friends w some1 they once loved so much. It hurts me he would be like that.
    Anonymous

• When my parents divorced, and both remarried, it was then that my parents were forced to stop communicating all together. My mother and father were working on making it work, when he met a woman and she became pregnant and (which I found out just a few years ago) and had an abortion. When she found out my mother and father were considering the idea of making it work, she just lost it. She is a schitophrenic and thanks to her obsessive paranoia with my mother, it just was a better idea that they not speak. But thanks to this situation my sister and I spent our childhood years miserable and scared and have no relationship with my father. Remaining civil instead of bowing to my step mothers demands , might have had a totally different outcome on the entire situation. And my and my sisters lost childhoods.
    courtneynicole1

Answer by courtneynicole1 at 12:15 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Yes you are very weird.....LOL just kiddinglaughing

I can image what you feel...but think about it why would you want to be friends with someone you couldn't live with unless only for sex that is what it leads to.

I wouldn't, don't think anymore of this just blow it off. Let it go.have a nice day

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• The thought of divorce upset him so much that he lashed out. It is a question that should not be raised again since it was so upsetting.

Answer by Bmat at 1:23 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• camtri3, thanks! i don't think it was ridiculous. if we're mature enough to be married we should be mature enough to be realistic. Half of marriages end in divorce and I don't think its insane to be curious and think about what could happen in the future.
    mambearwhitt4

Answer by mambearwhitt4 at 6:19 PM on Feb. 2, 2009