How do I potty train my 2 year old she is almost 3?

jst8487

Asked by jst8487 at 12:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2012 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 2 1/2 yr old is fully potty trained during the day but, still wears a pull up at night.

Honestly, the easiest thing to do is too devote a few days or a full week to potty training, without going anywhere or without anyone "new" coming over. Have her run around in just panties during the day, bringing her to the potty often. The first couple of days she will have accidents but, she'll quickly learn how icky it is to go pee or poop in her panties so, she won't want to do it. She'll start coming to you to say if she has to go potty. Praise her every time she does and, even make a game of cleaning up the mess. My DD watches me clean out her potty, and she's the one that flushes the big toilet after her waste is put in there and will say "bye bye pee pee" or "bye bye poo poo" as the stuff is flushed down.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:27 PM on Jul. 12, 2012

• I agree with libras
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 1:05 PM on Jul. 12, 2012

• I agree that just doing it is easier. We offered m&ms (3 for pee, 5 for bm) which made my kids really want to go potty, all the time! My just turned 2 yo has realized that she can get "emmies" and is starting to go as well.

Answer by missanc at 1:13 PM on Jul. 12, 2012