Made in the USA?

Does it bother you that the US Olympians garments were made in China?

macbudsmom

Asked by macbudsmom at 12:20 PM on Jul. 12, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• Anything made in a foreign country that could be made here, should be. That's what bothers me. They've already done studies that have shown with wage increases in China, and the increases in shipping costs, it's actually more cost effective to make it at home!!! U.S.A.!!! NAFTA was & is one of our biggest failures!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:10 PM on Jul. 12, 2012

• There is a manufacturer right in the heart of central Ohio that could have made these by hand, for probably less than what they paid.
    Sad.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 12:24 PM on Jul. 12, 2012

• Yes it does.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 2:45 PM on Jul. 12, 2012

• YES!!! Ralph Lauren's company is on the top of Forbes rich list. This is a perfect example of how tax breaks for the rich DOES NOT bring jobs to the US. Rich are getting richer and don't care about the average American. I happen to like Ralph Lauren's products, but having them made outside the US has not brought down the price for the consumer. On a patrotic level, the uniforms should have been made by the US!
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 6:51 AM on Jul. 13, 2012

• what about all the american flags made in china every year? i think the $ amount i heard was $3.5 billion worth of american flags produced in china every year? it could have been millions too, it has been a couple of weeks since i heard it (local radio station).
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 2:47 PM on Jul. 12, 2012

• Out of all the things made in China, I should be upset about the Olympic uniforms? I am more bothered by the fact that my kid's toys, clothes and just about everything else are made there.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 3:17 PM on Jul. 12, 2012

• It does make me upset, they are representing our country they should be wearing American made. I remember seeing a news show where they went to the gift shops in Washington, D.C. and souvenirs were made in China, that's pretty pathetic.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 5:23 PM on Jul. 12, 2012

• It is ridiculous that Team USA can't get gear and uniforms made in the USA. Now, if we were a country that had no textiles to speak of, well that is a different story. The fact is we have millions out of work, the equipment, materials, and manpower to do the job. It just tells me that those in charge of Team USA don't really give a crap about the USA.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 8:12 PM on Jul. 12, 2012

• kinda...maybe if they were made in the USA they wouldnt be so ugly haha.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:26 PM on Jul. 12, 2012

• Actually yes it does.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:56 AM on Jul. 13, 2012