37 weeks and i htink i might have strep -im also showing signs or early labor that is y im worried-

so iv been feeling sick the past few days
and so have my sister
we were thinking it was cuz our heater makes the house really dry
well iv been drinking lots of water all day
and it just made the pain worse (srry i cant spell wut it is but its the inside of the neck)
my step mom thinks my sisters have strep and told them to stay away from me cuz again im 37 weeks pregnant
but any way i have the samething going on with me but ten times worse
i called my doc and she said to wait till my appt tomorrow and he will check it out
i was just wondering if it could be really bad if i do have strep????
and also someting i can do to help with the pain

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Pregnancy

• make sure you tell them at your apt tomorrow but i just got over strep and im 28wks. there are antibiotics that are safe to take while pregnant for strep so im sure he will do a throat culture and let you know. try not to worry.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 12:17 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I got strep when I was 36 weeks pregnant with my DD. The doc gave me some anti-biotics and I was all better. Just take some tylenol to keep your fever down, try drinking soem warm tea and get plenty of rest. I hope you get to feeling better!
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 12:31 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I also had strep while pregnant and they just put me on antibiotics. Stay hydrated and keep your fever down until you can get to the doc.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:04 PM on Feb. 2, 2009