If you saw a young mom in a bikini, in a photo on facebook ........

First of all I want to say that, I am not someone who has "facebook drama" , in fact until now, I really only used facebook for family who lives far away and old friends to be able to chat and to share photos of my family.

Anyways I recently lost ALOT of weight, and I am very proud of myself. I used to have a big gut and I have worked hard that right now I even have little bit of abs ( when I move a certain way , anyways lol) ....

So during our beach vacation this year, I wore my first ever bikini, and without sounding full of myself, i looked good ( and I dont mean good, as in you can tell I used to be fat and now I squeezed into a little bikini, but that, it looks like I have always worked out) ....

My bikini wasnt really small or anything, the bottoms were more of a tiny, ruffle skirt, and the top was very covered . AND the phono wasnt of me "strutting" or anything, it was me and my husband and our kids, all in our suits, in front of the water...

I got alot of complimetns on it ( even my older, conservative family memebrs, told me i looked nice)....... and then there was my sister in law who will not shut up about how I am so trashy to put that on facebook ... etc, etc, etc.... then she posted a status about how trashy it is for mothers to try and look like a teenager... and I knew she wrote that about me......

Of course I chalked it up to her being jealous ( we were suppose to work out together, but because of her attitude, she quit and gained weight) .... But do you think that is actually trashy ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Jul. 12, 2012 in Parenting Debate

• no, not if it was classy & you were with your family
    she has a lot of nerve causing shit & drama over your picture & sounds like she has a very boring life and doesn't mind stirring the pot so I'd confront her and ask her what her problem is or simply say nothing & delete her as a friend.....she obviously has no problem starting the drama....feel good about your accomplishment. I personally am not on FB due to the drama and adult bullying that goes on, amongst other things.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:44 PM on Jul. 12, 2012

• It's not trashy.
    SIL is jealous

Congrats on your weightloss.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2012

• It sounds fine.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:46 PM on Jul. 12, 2012

• If the pic was like that, then I see no issue. The question title, however, made me think of one of my FB friend's DD who is 16, a mother, and still splashes "look at me in a bikini" pics on FB. To which, the mother, my friend (who I haven't seen in like 17 yrs), does nothing: guess she's ok with the idea of being an accidental grandma again. That is IMO, inappropriate. Your pic sounds fine.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:49 PM on Jul. 12, 2012

• In a family photo on the beach? What's trashy about that? Sounds like sour grapes to me.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 2:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2012

• Not trashy at all. You should be proud of the work you have done. Congrats on the weightloss!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 2:02 PM on Jul. 12, 2012

• Without seeing the photo, I can't really judge.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 2:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2012

• i think her attitude is trashy.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 2:08 PM on Jul. 12, 2012

• Nope. Just live your life, mama, and let the haters hate.

Congrats on your weight loss and props for all the hard work you put in.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 2:10 PM on Jul. 12, 2012

• i wouldnt think anything of it. its not like you were rolling in the sand, posing like a SI swimsuit edition model or something. your SIL is just jealous that she didnt work as hard as you did. congrats and let the hater's hate fall off ya back haha.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:11 PM on Jul. 12, 2012