Do you Like Hummus? What is your favorite flavor?

We just got some hummus at the store, the kind with red peppers in it and yum. I was wondering what other flavors might be good.

CCmom05

Asked by CCmom05 at 12:11 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I like garli and herb. You can make your own hummus for SUPER cheap. Just buy canned garbanzo beans (chick peas). They are like .89 per can (as opposed to like $4 for a little container) You just rise them and put them in a food processor (blender will work to, but not as well) Stream in a little olive oil and some lemon juice. I add a clove or two or garlic and some fresh basil and parsley. For the roasted red pepper kind, srop in a couple slices of roasted red pepper. It's super healthy for you and super simple. Enjoy!
    Oh, I like mine with pita chips and veggies. Even crackers.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 12:16 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• mmm... pita chips are awesome with hummus. I recently tried the roasted pepper not my fave but still good.
    Try making your own here are some recipes
    http://mideastfood.about.com/od/middleeasternfood101/a/hummus101.htm
    watersgirls

Answer by watersgirls at 12:24 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• My favorite is one I get at the farmer's market..it's artichoke, and soooo good! I also like the avocado and cilantro, and the sundried tomato is terrific too. I love hummus.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 1:28 PM on Feb. 2, 2009