Where do I find a job to work from home that isn't a scam?

Searching for a job from home has turned out to be a million times harder than I thought. There are ton of scams out there and it seems harder than ever to find a job that allows me to be home with my daughter without forking out a ton of money to do it. The bbb hasn't been much help. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

leigh_christi

Asked by leigh_christi at 12:21 PM on Feb. 2, 2009 in Money & Work

• You can visit my website: www.freedomathometeam.com/clanders. I have had great success with this company. Otherwise, check out the companies. You can visit wahm.com for legit at home businesses and/or jobs and they also list the ones that are scams.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 12:27 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Most are scams unfortunately. Maybe work a part time job at night. I know many sahm's who do this. They get to be with their kids and still make money without paying for daycare. I have worked opposite shift of my husband. It is not easy but better than him working two jobs and not seeing our son. Thankfully, those days are behind us but we did what we had to.

Anonymous

• There are several companies out there that are not scams, you just have to know where to look. Are you looking for a job or a business? There are pros and cons to both. What do you like to do? How many hours do you want to work? Are you planning on keeping your LO home with you? If so, a business may be the better way for you to go. Many companies that allow you to work from home only offer telephone jobs and have a zero tolerance policy for background noise. There are many moms on here that can offer you advice on jobs. You just need to make sure you research the company well and get several objective opinions on all of them before committing to anything. Let me know more about what you are looking for and I can point you in the right direction.

Heather
    AmeriPlan IBO
    Wife to Josh, Mommy to Carter (7), Cayden (3), Cullen (1)
    cccmom3583

Answer by cccmom3583 at 1:29 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I'm taking registrations for several companies looking for telecommuters and ‘home workers'. You can work p/t or f/t for all the places I have listed. I'm also registered with all of the companies and know they are legitimate. Please look at the Top 5 free ways to earn at home at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 1:31 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I sell Diamond Creek Candles and it's free to sign up! I have been making extra money since the day I started. The candles are beautiful and smell divine. Just about everyone loves candles so these candles sell themselves. There are no quotas to meet either. I love selling candles and know you will to if you like candles. I can have you up and running by tonight if you are interested. Let me know your thoughts.
    passionmom119

Answer by passionmom119 at 1:42 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• I feel for ya I know what you are going through but before you join anything I would recommend doing research before you start anything I'm sure your finding out that this isn't always the easiest thing to do either.

Try finding something you have a passion about as well and if you do find something that peaks your interest ask plenty of questions. Some people say things are scams b/c it didn't work out for them but that might not be the case for other people. Wishing you luck!
    Lindles

Answer by Lindles at 2:24 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• Hi! My name is Patty and I am with AmeriPlan. If you would like to work in the health care field, from home, as independent business owner with Daily Pay, Monthly Residual Income, Free Benefits Package, 401K Plan, Full Team Support, and Training, this would be a great opportunity for you. If you are interested, come check out my profile or IM me.

http://freedomathometeam.com/pattyqm

Best of luck to you!
    GoGreenMom68

Answer by GoGreenMom68 at 9:00 PM on Feb. 2, 2009

• When I lost my job, my husband and I started our own company working with a technology company. We have products that people want and need. We are always looking for people who have integrity, leadership skills and enjoy helping people. If that is you, send me a private message and I will get you more info. We set our own hours, have fun working together and are truly blessed to have found this Christian based company. All of the training is done online, in your own time and it's free. Awesome Opportunity!
    Give me a shout and good luck to your family in whatever you decide to do.
    jaeann123

Answer by jaeann123 at 2:23 AM on Feb. 17, 2009